Christmas tree decorations must not be always expensive. Some of the most unique and creative Christmas tree decoration ideas can be the ones which are the cheapest. Never think for a minute that decorating a Christmas tree, whether it is an artificial Christmas tree, a wall mounted tree or a real tree has to be boring. The success key is to use your imagination for getting ideas that reflect your personality and taste. These are some inexpensive and creative Christmas tree decorating ideas on a budget:
- Christmas Card Images – This is one of the simplest of ideas on Christmas tree decorations. You just cut the images that you get from last year’s Christmas cards, then color the back with gold or silver magic marker. Then you can hang it from the tree with a bright ribbon. This idea is especially nice on a wall mounted Christmas tree that is put next to your main entryway.
- Colored Glass or Plastic Balls – You can garnish ordinary colored glass balls with glittering paints or aerosol flocking (fake snow). It is one of the most tried and true ideas on Christmas tree decorations. You can also stick on glitter or craft store jewels and fasten braids or ribbons on a inexpensive glass ball and turn it into the dime store equivalent of a Faberge egg. Some stickers, sequins and ribbons can also be utilized to make cheap decorations look more unique. A bit of glue and some glitter is also a great way to refresh the look of old or scratched Xmas ornaments.
- Cookies – Embellishing your Christmas tree with cookies is as old as the tradition of Christmas tree decorations. You just make gingerbread or shortbread cookies and adorn them with icing. You need to ensure to leave a little hole in the confection so you can hang it from fish-line or a ribbon from the tree. Gingerbread men or shortbread snowmen look great, particularly on a natural green tree.
- Glitter Decorations – Just about any small object, sphere or disk can be beautifully dipped or painted with glue and then rolled in glitter. This is one way to shift “junk” into Xmas decorations that can be hung from the tree. Glitter is very cheap and it can be used to transform everything from old antique keys to cereal box prizes to golf balls into Christmas tree decorations.
- Origami – Origami is the fine art of paper-folding. You can get easy instructions for making everything from snowflakes to storks out of Origami on the Internet. There are a lot of sites specializing in giving free origami Christmas tree decorating ideas. One good idea is to make larger and smaller versions of the similar design to create a balanced and minimalist look.
- Party Streamers – Simply showering the ends of its branches with party streamers can create a very stylish and minimalist looking tree. A strand of attractive Chinese lanterns that you can get from the dollar store also very nicely compliments this look. This type of look is also very attractive on an upside down Christmas tree decorations or a wall mounted Christmas tree as a bit of a breeze makes the tree come alive with movement.
- Pipe Cleaners – This is one of great ideas on Christmas tree decorations that is fine to do with the kids! Chenille pipe cleaners have become one of the most versatile craft items ever invented. Just twist them into the shape of snowflakes, stars, angels or anything that you can visualize. Best of all pipe cleaner Xmas decorations can be wired directly onto the tree. This makes them look ideal for trees that can’t, for reasons of safety, have too many dangling decorations such as the wall mounted Christmas tree or the upside down Christmas tree.
- Popcorn Christmas Tree – There is nothing more inexpensive than popcorn and it is a great source of inspiration when it comes to ideas for Christmas tree decorations. Any type of Christmas tree including the real, artificial or wall mounted Christmas tree looks great adorned in garlands of popcorn. Popcorn can also be formed into balls and hung like gigantic snowballs from the branches of a tree. Don’t forget too that you can easily dye or paint popcorn using food coloring.
- Ribbons and Lace – One of the simplest Christmas tree decoration ideas is to just tie bows made out of scraps of ribbon and bits of lace and tie them to the boughs of a tree. This is also the safest way of decorating a tree if you have a wall-mounted or upside-down Christmas tree. Decorating a Christmas tree in ribbons that are safely tied to a tree is also safest for a toddler.
- Snowflakes – This is one of those Christmas tree decorations ideas that are great to do with the kids. Remember the folded paper snowflakes you made as a child? You can beautify them with any color of glitter. For the best results hang the smaller paper snowflakes at the top of the tree and the larger ones at the bottom.
- Toys – If you are on a budget then you can find lots of cheap Christmas tree decoration ideas in the toy section at your local toy store. As long as it is miniature, it will perhaps look great on a tree. You can wire heavier items to the branches and hang lightweight items with colorful bows. Trains, little dolls and fish look particularly nice on an Xmas tree. This idea is also good for a small wall mounted tree in a child’s room.
- Wired Translucent Bows – This is one of the more minimalist ideas for Christmas tree decorations but the effect is totally beautiful. You can purchase wired translucent ribbon on in two colors – silver and gold are hot right now – and just tie them to your tree. The wire keeps the bows big and stiff so they look really attractive. This look is also perfect for a tree that you don’t wish people to bump into such as a wall mounted Christmas tree or upside down Christmas tree. OK, may these ideas on Christmas tree decorations make your Christmas merrier.
Marry Christmas everyone!